Aims and Values
Our Mission Statement
Abbots Ripton C of E Primary School creates a firm foundation, where together with God’s help and through the support of the wider Christian community. We Grow in Faith. We Learn for Life through discovery, independence and empowerment, so that we can have the confidence to flourish. We believe that we Achieve our best through nurturing potential, widening horizons and creating aspirations.
Together with God’s help we:
Grow in Faith
Learn for Life and
Achieve our best.
Our Strategic Goals and our Aims
We strive for excellence within a secure and friendly Christian atmosphere, in which everyone is able to achieve their full potential: intellectually, physically and spiritually, socially and morally.
Our Strategic goals are:
To be judged an Outstanding school, as judged by Ofsted and SIAMS.
To provide an inclusive education which will nurture the talents of the individual child.
To become a centre of excellence and innovation for teacher development and training.
We aim to achieve these goals by:
- Promoting Christian values and an understanding of the meaning and significance of the Christian faith. We encourage our pupils to apply these skills in all that they do.
- Creating a happy and secure school community in which all individuals feel valued and respected. We believe that high self esteem, self confidence and happiness are central to our work.
- Enabling all our children to become enquiring, responsible, resourceful and reflective young people, ready to face the future with confidence and to challenge themselves in a changing world to become lifelong learners.
- Providing high standards and expectations, within a broad and balanced curriculum, which inspires and motivates our children to become active, effective learners who achieve their very best.
- Creating a stimulating learning environment where curiosity and enjoyment are encouraged for all and therefore promoting the development of self reliance, self motivation, self discipline and independence.
- Building strong partnerships with parents and carers, encouraging their active involvement in their child’s learning and valuing their contributions.
- Providing training to grow future educational leaders to drive forward improvements within our own school.