Here at Abbots Ripton Church of England Primary School we are committed to planning and delivering an exciting and stimulating broad based curriculum for all our pupils. Our school vision is core to developing our curriculum as it focuses on all children, 'learning for life and achieving their best whilst growing in faith'. This vision is woven into everything that we do with our children, through well structured lessons and learning experiences, which lead to confident, enthusiastic learners who are well prepared for secondary education and the changing pace and challenges of modern life.
Our Curriculum Intent
- For all children to attain a high standard of skills, knowledge and understanding within the subjects of reading, writing and mathematics.
- For all children to develop and sustain a thirst for learning which enables them to have aspirations beyond their experiences.
- For all children to leave our school with the confidence that comes with possessing a store of essential knowledge and the skills to use it.
- For all children to understand that opportunities to acquire new knowledge and new skills are exciting and highly motivational.
- To develop a limitless aspiration.
Our Curriculum Implementation
- To provide a balance of teaching of explicit skills in English and maths, and opportunities to use, apply and develop these across a wide range of curriculum subjects.
- To ensure that Christian and British values are an integral driver for developing our learners
- To plan adequate time and opportunities for children to practise and embed their knowledge, understanding and skills securely.
- To have a curriculum which goes beyond the expectations in the national curriculum and provides opportunities for children to develop further knowledge and be able to direct their learning according to their own interests.
Our Curriculum Impact
- Children will have highly developed learning behaviours due to their desire to develop their knowledge and understanding and learn new concepts.
- Children behave well because our curriculum enables them to develop a desire to actively engage in their learning.
- Children will make connections between their learning in different subjects so that knowledge and skills can be applied to ensure a depth of understanding.