In total we have places for 120 children, 17 per year group. Places for the Foundation Stage Class are offered to children in the year in which they have their fifth birthday. Our catchment villages for Abbots Ripton CE Primary School are Abbots Ripton, Kings Ripton, Broughton, Wennington and Woodwalton however we also have many families from other towns and villages who are part of our school community.
Admissions for a place in Foundation 2019 open in November and the deadline for application is January 15th 2019. We are holding open sessions on 13th November from 9:30am to 10:30am and the 23rd November from 1:15pm to 2:15pm. Please do come along, no need to book! However if you cannot make these sessions and still wish to come along to view the school then please telephone the school office to make an appointment. 01487 773318
Children who have a statement of special educational needs that names the school will be admitted. NB. Those children with a statement of special educational needs that does not name the school will be referred to STAR Team to determine an appropriate place.
1. Children in Care, also Looked After Children (LAC), and children who were looked after but ceased to be so by reason of adoption, a resident order or special guardianship order.
2. Children living in the school's catchment area with a sibling (children living in the same home) at the school at the time of admission.
3. Children living in the catchment area who are applying on religious grounds (and whose application is supported by a letter from the leader of the religious community attended by the family.) Applications are welcomed from parents/guardians of children who are members of all churches affiliated to Churches Together in Britain and Ireland. The parents/guardians must be members of the church who practice in accordance with its normal disicpline and normally at least monthly.
4. Children living in the catchment area.
5. Children living outside the catchment area with a sibling (children living in the same home) at the school at the time of admission.
6. Children living outside the catchment area who are applying on religious grounds (and whose application is supported by a letter from the leader of the religious community attended by the family.) Applications are welcomed from parents/guardians of children who are members of all churches affiliated to Churches Together in Britain and Ireland. The parents/guardians must be members of the church who practice in accordance with its normal disicpline and normally at least monthly.
7. Children living outside the catchment area.
In cases of equal merit priority will go first to looked after children and then to children living nearest the school by shortest straight distance.
Admissions to our school are organsied by Cambridgeshire County Council Admissions team who are contactable on: 0345 045 1370 or via www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk Please see information opposite.
If you are considering an in year transfer to our school please do give us a call to see if we can accomodate your request. We would be happy to discuss this with you.
If you are considering applying to our school we would be delighted to show you around. Please contact the school office to make an appointment if you can't make it to any of our open sessions.
Cambridgeshire County Council
Primary: Reception, junior or middle school
Apply online for a school place for September 2019 (from 01November 2018 )
If your child was born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015, they are due to transfer to primary school in September 2019 and you must have applied for a school place by 15 January 2019. Please note there is no automatic transfer from nursery to Reception. Applications must be made in all cases.
1 November 2018 to 15 January 2019
- Read First Steps: How to apply for a primary school place (booklet below). This booklet guides you through the process and explains how places are allocated if there are more applications received than places available.
- Apply for a place online (opens Thursday 1 November 2018) using the link at the top of the page. You can also apply by using a paper application form, which will be published online from 15 November 2018.
15 January 2019 - Deadline for applications
- All online applications must be completed by 11.59pm on Monday 15 January 2019
- All paper applications posted prior to the deadline must be received at our office by noon on Tuesday 16 January 2019.
- If you apply after this time your application will not be considered until the second round of allocations on 18 May 2019.
January to April 2019
- The Admissions Team will liaise with schools and other authorities to make sure that, where possible, parents receive a single offer for the highest preference school which is able to offer a place.
16 April 2019 - Offer date
- Letters are posted second class to all parents who applied on time. Email notifications are also sent out to those who applied online and requested confirmation by email.
17 April to 3 May 2019
- Places declined by parents are re-allocated to children currently waiting on the school reserve lists.
21 May 2019 - Appeal deadline
- Deadline for parents to submit an appeal if they wish their appeal to be heard by 22 July 2018.
13 May 2019 - Second offer date
- Offers will be made on 13 May 2019 for applications
June 2019 onwards
- Primary admission appeals take place.
- Your child starts primary school.
Telephone: 0345 045 1370
Fax: 01223 727 941