In total we have places for 120 children, 17 per year group. Places for the Foundation Stage Class are offered to children in the year in which they have their fifth birthday. Our catchment villages for Abbots Ripton CE Primary School are Abbots Ripton, Kings Ripton, Broughton, Wennington and Woodwalton however we also have many families from other towns and villages who are part of our school community.
Admissions for a place in Foundation 2020 opens in September and the deadline for application is January 15th 2020. We are holding open sessions (Dates to be confirmed) Please do come along, no need to book! However if you cannot make these sessions and still wish to come along to view the school then please telephone the school office to make an appointment. 01487 773318
Children who have a statement of special educational needs that names the school will be admitted. NB. Those children with a statement of special educational needs that does not name the school will be referred to STAR Team to determine an appropriate place.
1. Children in Care, also Looked After Children (LAC), and children who were looked after but ceased to be so by reason of adoption, a resident order or special guardianship order.
2. Children living in the school's catchment area with a sibling (children living in the same home) at the school at the time of admission.
3. Children living in the catchment area who are applying on religious grounds (and whose application is supported by a letter from the leader of the religious community attended by the family.) Applications are welcomed from parents/guardians of children who are members of all churches affiliated to Churches Together in Britain and Ireland. The parents/guardians must be members of the church who practice in accordance with its normal disicpline and normally at least monthly.
4. Children living in the catchment area.
5. Children living outside the catchment area with a sibling (children living in the same home) at the school at the time of admission.
6. Children living outside the catchment area who are applying on religious grounds (and whose application is supported by a letter from the leader of the religious community attended by the family.) Applications are welcomed from parents/guardians of children who are members of all churches affiliated to Churches Together in Britain and Ireland. The parents/guardians must be members of the church who practice in accordance with its normal disicpline and normally at least monthly.
7. Children living outside the catchment area.
In cases of equal merit priority will go first to looked after children and then to children living nearest the school by shortest straight distance.
Admissions to our school are organsied by Cambridgeshire County Council Admissions team who are contactable on: 0345 045 1370 or via www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk Please see information opposite.
If you are considering an in year transfer to our school please do give us a call to see if we can accomodate your request. We would be happy to discuss this with you.
If you are considering applying to our school we would be delighted to show you around. Please contact the school office to make an appointment if you can't make it to any of our open sessions.
Cambridgeshire County Council
Primary: Reception, junior or middle school
Apply online for a school place for September 2020 (from 12th September 2020 )
If your child was born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016, they are due to transfer to primary school in September 2020 and you must have applied for a school place by 15th January 2020. Please note there is no automatic transfer from nursery to Reception. Applications must be made in all cases.
12th September 2019 to 15 January 2020
- Read First Steps: How to apply for a primary school place . This booklet guides you through the process and explains how places are allocated if there are more applications received than places available.
- Apply for a place online (opens 12th September 2019) using the link at the top of the page. You can also apply by using a paper application form, and this is available by calling 0345 045 1370.
15th January 2020 - Deadline for applications
- All online applications must be completed by 11.59pm on 15th January 2020
- All paper applications posted prior to the deadline must be received at our office by 15th January 2020.
- If you apply after this time your application will not be considered until the second round of allocations on 21st May 2020.
January to April 2020
- The Admissions Team will liaise with schools and other authorities to make sure that, where possible, parents receive a single offer for the highest preference school which is able to offer a place.
16th April 2020 - Offer date
- Letters are posted second class to all parents who applied on time. Email notifications are also sent out to those who applied online and requested confirmation by email.
16th April to 18 May 2020
- Places declined by parents are re-allocated to children currently waiting on the school reserve lists.
21 May 2020 - Appeal deadline
- Deadline for parents to submit an appeal if they wish their appeal to be heard by 22 July 2018.
18th May 2019 - Second offer date
- Offers will be made on 18th May 2020 for late applications received between 16th January and 1st May 2020
June 2020 onwards
- Primary admission appeals take place.
- Your child starts primary school.
Telephone: 0345 045 1370
Fax: 01223 727 941