SEN Teaching Assistant
We are looking to appoint a highly skilled teaching assistant to work 1:1 with a child who requires bespoke learning within our school. There may also be some time to lead on interventions to improve attainment for specific groups.
This is a temporary contract for the remainder of this academic year in the first instance but there is the possibility of this becoming a permanent role depending on our pupil numbers next academic year. We would like to offer 20 hours per week (mornings 8:30am to 12:30pm) and the salary scale will reflect experience.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who:
- Is experienced in working with children 1:1 who have complex needs
- Is experienced in delivering targeted interventions to small groups or 1:1
- Is able to work in a team and form positive relationships with colleagues, pupils and parents
- Is dedicated and hard working
- Is able to motivate and inspire pupils
- Has high aspirations for pupils and for themselves
- Makes learning engaging and lively
- Will ensure that all pupils are given opportunities to do their very best
We can offer:
- A friendly, passionate staff team who are dedicated to the school and the children
- An inclusive school with children who are happy and keen to come to school
- A commitment to continued professional development as well as staff well-being
- A supportive Governing Body
- A highly regarded local village school
We would be delighted to show you around our school and visits can be arranged by contacting Linda Nixon, our office manager on 01487 773318.
A job description, person specification and application form can be downloaded from the vacancy tab on our school website at: www.abbotsripton.cambs.sch.uk
Abbots Ripton Church of England (VA) Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be undertaken for the successful applicant.
Closing date: Monday 3rd February 2020 at midday
Interviews: Monday 10th February 2020